When to purchase new laundry equipment
Owners of laundromats likely have a lot to keep track of when it comes to day-to-day business issues. One of the most important aspects of this is to ensure that everything is in working order. When machines start to age, it could be time to look at other options, and being proactive may turn out to be a money-saver.
Monitor repairing frequency
All washers and dryers can get worse for wear the older they get, but it is important to be mindful of how often a mechanic needs to be called into the business in order to fix items.
- Time is money – When a machine needs to be repaired, not only does it take a notable amount of money up front to fix it, but it also may prevent some customers from spending more money. This can be doubly problematic, and may cause financial headaches.
- Ask for mechanic’s opinion – If a business uses a mechanic that they trust, it may help the situation to find out their feelings on the longevity and affordability of keeping an old machine, or switching to a new option.
Consider customer inconvenience
Another aspect to consider when thinking about replacing machines is the effect that repairs and downtime have on customers. This can be especially important for future sales and business success.
- Usable options are low – If there are fewer machines available because they are being repaired, or they are scheduled to be fixed, this can hurt relationships with customers during peak times.
- Customer wait time increases – If customers are waiting significant amounts of time to use a machine that works, they may consider temporarily taking their business elsewhere. Lost business one time can turn into permanent loss, hurting the financial standing of the laundromat.
Weigh cost of new purchase
While the prospect of purchasing one or more new machines may seem daunting, it is important to consider how it will affect the business in the long-term.
- Repairs exceed worth – If a machine is constantly being repaired, it is possible that businesses are wasting money. Making a decision to purchase newer, more dynamic machines may end up saving funds later on.
- Consider financing options – Money can be tight sometimes, which is why it could benefit owners to look for financing in order to help fund purchases that will give a laundromat the capital to keep their business running smoothly.
Weighing the many options available before making a financial decision may be a solid choice, especially as hanging onto old machines may be counterproductive.